Thursday, July 31, 2008

So Bad Things Come in Threes??



I found the lump in Lacey's neck and being extremely paranoid of spreading the MRSA, I took both Lacey and Angel to the vet. Well, Angel just had her usual auto-immune scaly paw problem. Lacey did not have a staph infection, or any infection. Instead she has a tumor, a sarcoma that is a reaction from her vaccinations!! I had no idea a cat could get cancer from a vaccination. Of course the chances are 1 in 10,000. I'm feeling lucky! This is devastating news. It is not malignant, however the tumor has finger like parts that go into the tissue, so 80% of the time the tumors come back. Surgery is $400 a pop. Ryan says we can't afford prolonged treatment, but I told him we have to try surgery at least once. I scheduled it for Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed for us that it is successful! Lacey has been hands down the friendliest kitty we have ever had. We are heart broken!

No comments: