Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Moments Connecting

Yesterday was JR's first day of summer vacation. What a great day he had! He had his best friend Jasmine over, and they got creative! They made a water slide with the hose on our slide. How cute and innocent they were playing in the sun. I made then some special Mexican hot chocolate to warm them up, and they sat on the deck sipping the cocoa like a king and a queen!
I love watching the neighborhood children grow up with my kids. I feel like they are my extended children. With dishes in the sink, mail piling up, and toys decorating every corner, my job seems clear so much of the time - Connecting with the kids and sharing those moments of engagement playing with them. When I listen to what children have to say, it reminds me of how magical it is to be a child, and a little bit of their sparkle rubs off onto me. It is clear that connecting with them is a top priority. The dishes will still be there later...but these precious moments pass quickly. It is always good to reflect on them, and push pause on everything else to embrace the opportunities that these moments bring.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just saying hi, I've started checking your blog lately - blogs are a much happier pasttime then the news. You are so sweet with your kids.

I was thinking about you this week as I was listing all the work things I need to do. We should plan a day next week to work and then head to Thanksgiving Point with the kids for lunch and water play.