Friday, June 20, 2008

Pools and Potties



JR and Lexi have been BEGGING to stay after their swimming lessons to swim during open plunge, so I promised them that we would do it after their lesson on Tuesday. So I got mixed up on their lesson time (of course) and we were there one hour early. They played at the park next to the pool, and then we went in to get a popsicle from the pool's concession stand. At the concession stand there was two pictures posted. One was of the pool, and the other was of a toilet. JR asked why the pictures were there, and I explained that the sign said. "The pool is NOT a toilet!", and how people should never go potty in the pool. JR was disgusted that anyone would even think to "go" in the pool.
After their swimming lesson, I reluctantly kept my promise, and got into the pool with the kids. Twenty minutes into swimming the lifeguard blew the "get out of the pool" whistle. We got out, and I saw them fishing something out. I asked the lifeguard if that was what I thought it was, and it was. They were going to close the pool for about twenty minutes, but I was too grossed out to stay. I told the kids that someone pooped in the pool and we were leaving. JR kept asking, "Why would someone poop in the pool!? Why would someone poop in the pool!?". I kept telling him that I didn't know, and we needed to leave! About five minutes into our drive home JR said, "I think I know what happened. Someone read the sign backwards, and thought that it said that the pool IS a toilet!!". Leave it t o JR to solve the mystery of the pool pooper!!

3 comments:

DeLaina said...

That is so hysterical!

Jessica Harrrison said...

ha! ha! that is so funny. J.R. is so witty.

Olivia said...

That made me laugh, although I will probably never be able to get in that pool!